Please join us this Saturday, October 29th at 2pm as we conclude our year of celebrating the 50th anniversary of Saint Thomas. As a legacy to our future parishioners, we are burying a time capsule with artifacts of our parish and community history. We will be serving cider and donuts and ask that you bring a carved pumpkin to display at the site.
All are welcome to join us.
J.O.Y. (Just Older Youth)
Thank you to all who made this event a huge success.
Our parish teens in action
Led by Teen Faith Coordinator Dr. Grayson,
this group of teens from St. Thomas raised funds for St. Vincent DePaul's Mission for the Homeless
by walking in Waterbury on Sunday, Oct. 16. Good job!
Your talents are God's gift to you. What you do with those talents is your gift back to God.
Stewardship Weekend is November 12th and 13th. How can you share your time and talents? Saint Thomas offers many ministries for you to discover how your God-given talents can be shared in our community. Look for our new handbook of Ministries for 2017.
50th Anniversary Schedule of Events
St. Thomas the Apostle Church
50th Anniversary (1966-2016)
Schedule of Events
Parish Retreat February 27- March 2
David Kane “Misgivings” April 17, 2 PM
Bill Dunn “The Gospel According to Morty”
May 1, Pot Luck 5 PM, Bill Dunn 6 PM
MOST Golf Tournament June 20
(Rain Date June 27)
Parish Picnic August 14, 11AM - 4 PM
Jubilee Mass/Reception August 21, 11 AM
Cook-out September 17, 6 PM
Coffee And… September 18, Following Masses
Banquet at Colonial Tavern October 16, 4 PM
Time Capsule and Fall event October 29th, 2 PM
For more information 203-888-2382
4:00 PM Winter hours (begin 1st Sunday in November)
5:00 PM Summer hours (begin 2nd Sunday in March)
7:30 AM, 9:00 AM, and 11:00 AM
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 8:00 AM
Wednesday 12:10 PM.
*First Friday and *First Saturday 8:00 AM
(*Check the bulletin for first Friday, first Saturday Mass times)
1st & 3rd Saturday:
3-3:45 PM Winter (winter hours begin 1st Sunday in Nov.)
4-4:45 PM Summer (summer hours begin 2nd Sunday in March)
2nd Saturday: Following the Vigil Mass (see summer and winter hours above)
4th Wednesday: 11:30 AM-12:00 Noon
- Fr. Dominic "Dom" J. Valla, Pastor
- Sr. Mary Elizabeth "Beth" Preston,O.S.U, Pastoral Associate for Liturgy & Spirituality
- Angela Arpino, Director of Faith Formation
- Cheryl Williams, Parish Secretary
- Jeanette Veltri, Bookkeeper & Business Manager
- Kim Gugliotti, Kay Redmond, Coordinators of 1st Reconciliation/ 1st Eucharist
- Dr. Rich Grayson, Teen Faith Coordinator
- Mary Jane Calladio, Pastoral Care Coordinator
- Marie Pelaccia, Stewardship Coordinator
- Anna Jedd, Director of Music
- Paul Carlino, Maintenance
- George Blake, Maintenance